Saturday, May 29, 2010

Day 5: Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative.

I took the advice of a close friend of mine and tailor-fitted my resume to each specific job I applied for. It didn't take long, just a few minor adjustments, and I applied for a sales position with Verizon Wireless. I am more than qualified for the job, but this time I didn't oversell myself so my resume doesn't scream "$70,000 a year" like my good friend said. Now it screams more like $30,000 a year. I want the 70 though....
What was it my mom used to say...."you can want in one hand and s*it in the other, see which one fills up faster." Well mom, I think the hand that wants the 70 grand a year would fill up faster this time.
Wow, almost a week and I am still unemployed. I haven't even gotten an interview. What is going on...
No word on ManPower, no word on Cricket, no word on the Photo Editor position. This is starting to weigh heavy on my self confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment